Yuliya Chernykh attended seminar on FIDIC contracts
On 20 February 2013 Yuliya Chernykh, the partner with ARBITRADE, attended a seminar “Making a success out of a construction project: international FIDIC standards and their implementation in Ukraine” oranized under auspices of FIDIC (International Federation of Consulting Engineers).
The speakers of the seminar include: Enrico Vink, Managing Director, FIDIC (Geneva), Тimur Bondaryev, Arzinger, Peter Blackmore, Pinsent Masons (London), Shy Jackson, Pinsent Masons (London), Lukáš Klee, Metrostav a.s. (Prague), Kaj Möller, President of SWECO International AB, Executive Committee Member of FIDIC, Maciej Jamka, K & L Gates (Warsaw), Rafal Morek, K & L Gates (Warsaw), Evgeny Smirnov, EBRD (London), Iryna Smeliova, World Bank and others.
Among the covered topics there were:
- Introduction to FIDIC. FIDIC forms of contracts.
- Working FIDIC in Ukraine: certain regulatory and practical aspects.
- Role of an engineer. Project and construction management.
- Risk allocation under FIDIC contracts.
- Avoidance and dispute resolution under FIDIC rules and procedures. Overview of court practice.
- Procurement standards and procedures of international finance institutions.
- UK experience of managing infrastructure projects.
- Problematic issues by implementation of infrastructure projects funded by international financial institutions.
- Implementing infrastructural projects in Ukraine under FIDIC formas of contract.
FIDIC is the International Federation of Consulting Engineers. Its members are national associations of consulting engineers. Founded in 1913, FIDIC is charged with promoting and implementing the consulting engineering industry’s strategic goals on behalf of its Member Associations, and to disseminate information and resources of interest to its members. Today, FIDIC membership covers 94 countries of the world.